For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 pound Guanciale or Pancetta, cut into 1/2 inch strips or cubes
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 28 oz can peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dried spaghetti pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for sprinkling at the end
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- Add the tomatoes to a bowl and crush them by hand. Set aside.
- Add the guanciale to a large skillet. Turn the flame on to high and cook the guanciale till crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook for about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and salt to the pan and stir. Reduce the flame to medium stirring occasionally while the pasta cooks.
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water and cook until Al dente.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss together. Remove from heat and add the cheese allowing the residual heat of the pan to melt it in.
- Serve in warm bowls with an extra sprinkle of Pecorino Romano cheese.