Spaghetti alla Pizzaiola
Spaghetti alla Pizzaiola.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Fried breadcrumbs:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 14oz cans Cherry Tomatoes OR 1- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dried oregano
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- To make the fried Breadcrumbs:
- Put a small sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cook until they just begin to brown. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- PS: Do not leave the breadcrumbs in the pan or they will burn.
- To make the Sauce:
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook until golden and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the anchovies and sauté until dissolved, about another 30 seconds.
- Add in the tomatoes, salt, capers and oregano and bring the sauce to a boil. Lower the flame to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes less than the package instructions and drain.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls with a generous sprinkle of fried breadcrumbs.