Spaghetti with Broccoli Rabe and Vongole
Spaghetti with Broccoli Rabe and Vongole... an absolute winner!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- hot pepper as desired
- 3 pounds vongole - cockles or 3 dozens little neck clams
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- Wash very well the Vongole under cold water to remove any sand.
- Blanch the broccoli rabe for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- In a large saute` pan, add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the garlic whole. Saute` the garlic until it turns blonde.
- Add the vongole and the white wine and 1/2 of the parsley. Add hot pepper as desired and cover the pan.
- When the vongole are all open add the broccoli rabe and toss for 2-3 minutes.
- Boil the spaghetti 3/4 of the way in the same water that you blanched the broccoli rabe and add them to the pan. Save 1-2 cups of pasta water and set aside.
- Toss the spaghetti with all the other ingredients for about 3 minutes. If the spaghetti dry up, add some pasta water and continue tossing.
- Add the remainder of the fresh parsley, give it a final toss and serve.
First Course Recipes, Fish Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Cooking with Rossella, Broccoli Rabe Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Clams - Vongole Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Spaghetti Recipes, Italian Pasta Sauces, Easy Pasta Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes, Seafood Pasta Recipes
luv this recipe :)) - Saint of circumstance