Nonna Antoinette’s Savory Ciambella
Nonna Antoinette’s Savory Ciambella.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Ciambella:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 ounces Mortadella, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 ounces Prosciutto, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 4 ounces Provolone, or any other semi-hard Cheese, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- *You can order 3oz slices of meat at the deli counter and cut them up at home
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a tube pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the eggs, oil, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and then add in the grated Parmigiano cheese.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until they are just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the meats and cheeses.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. About 45-55 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then invert it onto a plate.